Local Emergency Planning Committee

Question 1: Do you have substances for which you keep OSHA required Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)? Do you have 10,000 lbs. or more of any of these substances at any one time?

Yes: Your facility must report under §311/312.

Question 2: Do you have Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHS) in amounts equal to or above the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ), listed in the EPA Title III “List of Lists” or 500 lbs., whichever is lower? (If you are unsure whether your facility has these substances please contact our office and we will assist you.)

Yes: Your facility must report under §302, 311, and 312.

Question 3: Does your facility release substances listed in the Title III “Lists of Lists” in amounts above the Reportable Quantity (RQ)?

Yes: You must report under §304 and may have to report under §313.

Question 4: Does your facility import, manufacture, process or otherwise use any of the chemicals listed in 40 CFR 372.65?

Yes: You may need to report under §313.

Question 5: Do you have unplanned or continuous releases of EXTREMELY Hazardous Substances, CERCLA Hazardous Substances, or RCRA Hazardous Wastes?

Yes: You may need to report under §304 or CERCLA §103.

Copies of your report must be sent to the following three agencies:

SCSERC EPCRA Reporting Point, 2600 Bull St., Columbia, S.C. 29201-1708;
Florence County L.E.P.C., 6719 Friendfield Road, Effingham, S.C. 29541;
and your local fire department.

If you are unsure of which fire department, please call 843-665-7255 for assistance.